Engineer - GSE/Tooling III
**6-Month contract with ability to convert FTE**
Conceptual and detailed design of tooling and fixtures for the manufacture/assembly of structural components, mechanical/actuated systems, and valve and fluid systems.
Conceptual and detailed design of tooling and equipment necessary for precision assembly.
Produce drawing packages for fabrication and assembly of tooling and fixture designs.
Develop detailed tooling cost estimates and participate in vendor evaluation, selection, and management.
Support development of processes and procedures for manufacturing.
Collaborate with design and manufacturing engineering teams to identify and incorporate changes to component designs that promote efficient, accurate fabrication and assembly.
Oversee fabrication, verification and checkout, and commissioning of tools and equipment.
Provide technical guidance and support in the implementation and use of tooling by production personnel.
Provide emergent tooling support to production personnel.
Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget, and technical status.
Identify and pursue opportunities for cost savings.
- B.S. degree or higher in mechanical, structural, or other relevant engineering field.
- 8+ years experience designing tooling used in the manufacture, assembly, and test of aerospace hardware.
- Experience managing contractors during the design, fabrication, and installation phases of the tooling and equipment design process.
- Experience selecting and implementing tools and equipment that facilitate access and ease of manufacturing with the goal of streamlining hardware manufacturing and assembly.
- Experience developing procedures for checkout, commissioning, and maintenance of fixtures and tooling.
- Experience using CAD and FEA-based analysis software.
- Familiar with applicable ASME standards.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software